11.11.2011

Chuck's vs Nature's

   I feel the need to post about my recent experience at one of Brandon, FL's local natural food markets: Chucks. After my first visit, about a year ago, I swore I would never walk inside their doors again. I should have stuck to my guns. I contacted both of our local markets about a product I needed and Chucks came up with the win. Normally, I would have just ordered it from Nature's. Due to lack of time, ordering was not an option. So alas, I walked through those dreaded doors and got the same awful experience as my first visit. It was obviously a restocking day, and I was obviously not suppose to ask if they happened to have a product that was missing from the shelf. When I did, you would have thought the world was ending. The woman who was "helping" me began slamming boxes around, making it very apparent she had far more important tasks to complete. The whole time,  not saying a word to me. Let me just add that it was only by the grace of God that I was in a sweetheart mood, and did not rip this woman a "new one". I would have thought any small business that had a customer spending 40 bucks on 3 food items would be on the ground kissing my feet. I thought wrong. For the second time, I swear that I will never again walk through the doors of Chuck's Natural Food Market.
   On a more kind note, Brandon still has my beloved Nature's. And although their store is about half the size and has half the stock of Chucks, the owners have a million times the amount of respect for their patrons. It is family operated by a lovely couple that will chat your ear off (Seriously, budget in at least another 5 minutes if you're in a hurry). They make you feel like your business is as important as their first born child. That's the type of business I can get behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment