11.20.2011

Juice for My Caboose

So you know how men never like to acknowledge that women poop? Well, that was somewhat the case when it came to my regularity in the bathroom. My entire life I have been a once, maybe twice, a "weeker". For those of you who can't even imagine it, take it from me, it is awful. It left me feeling forever bloated and uncomfortable. Not to mention it was dramatically affecting my performance at the gym. I have been in this "experimentation phase" with my life for a little while now. That being said, I decided that I was no longer going to settle for a mediocre digestive system.

I did a ton of research and kept coming up with the same common solutions to my problem: a good diet, lots of water, and regular exercise. Well, aside from my occasional (ok, sometimes frequent) sweet cheats, I felt like this area of my life was pretty much on point. The first step I took was trying to add in fiber supplements and high fiber foods to my daily intake. This was a mistake. I was still "going" the same regularity(or lack there of), but I was starting to get violently ill when I did. I am talking soaked in sweat and about to pass out. Not cool.

That brings me to my second attempt: Probiotics. After about a month these started to help a little but I still wasn't getting the results I was after. And so the mission continued. One of the wonderful, kind, loving employees of my beloved Nature's Health Foods suggested I start taking Super Enzymes(along with my probiotics) before each meal. These breaks down fats, carbs, and protein; making them easier to digest. Taking these two products together did help me achieve my poop goals for a short while, but before too long , my body was back to its old tricks.

At this point I started to get desperate, and found myself chatting on the phone with my beautiful mother-in-law. She is a registered nurse, so we call her frequently with health questions (and to remind her how much we love and miss her #suckingup). That is when she introduced me to the wonderful world of juicing. I got off the phone and went straight to the store to buy the incredible item that is saving my life.
I researched online and found several juice recipes that were specifically related to colon health and started juicing the next morning. It took a week or so to start taking affect, but once it did, I was amazed day after day. My body was finally starting to work properly. This (on top of all the other life changes I have made in the past year) made me feel like a new woman. My husband was proud as well, cheering every morning when he saw me running to the pot.

I have been juicing for about two months now. Every now and then I have to change up my recipe to "keep the juices flowing", but otherwise, this remains the solution to my problem. I am now proud to say that I, Amanda Ard, poop (almost) every day.

4 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! You are crazy but that is so cool! I too am a once or twice a week kind of girl and it's miserable! I guess girls think they arent supposed tp "poop" every day because it itsnt lady like and god forbid someone knows what you are doing bhind the bathroom door so you hold it till you can do it in private! :) LOL! Thanks for sharing! I may just buy a juicer now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda- Enzymes are one of the biggest keys to good health. Our bodies use enzymes from everything to thinking and breathing to digesting. You are on the right track. The more you supplement with enzymes (since most of the population eats dead food) the less your body has to work at doing the things they were created to do! Great blog! I can hear you speaking as I read! You should be proud of your progress and accomplishments! Maria

    ReplyDelete