11.05.2011

Skinny Haired Girls

   This is for all you "skinny haired" girls. You know.. those of us with thin, fine, stringy, limp hair that we despise so much.. that never seems to grow past a certain point. I have been doing a little experiment with an assortment of products the past few months and it is definitely working! I began making the transition from a brunette, back to my roots as a blond, back in April. I knew  this decision would be hard on my skinny little hairs that I have been growing for the past 3 years, so I decided it was time to get serious about finding ways to salvage it through this process. Here are the products that are working for me..

Step 1: Shampoo and Conditioner

Nioxin "System 3"
System 3 includes a volumizing cleanser, lightweight conditioner and a leave-in treatment to amplify hair texture while refreshing the scalp and providing moisture balance to colored hair.

I love love love these products. They make my hair feel massive without leaving my ends feeling dry and brittle! Yay for fat haired girls!


Step 2: Conditioning Treatment + Leave In Conditioner

Redken "Extreme Strength Builder Plus" 
Contains the highest level of ceramide in the range to provide intense repair, conditioning and strength to the core of highly distressed hair.

This is a great conditioning treatment but needs to be applied mid-shaft to ends. If you apply this one directly to your scalp, you will be a flat haired girl.. and we don't want that! Also this has a very high amount of protein, meaning you only want to use this about ever 2 or 3 shampoos. Too much protein can cause hair to become brittle and break.

Redken "Thermal Resist"
Instantly detangles, repairs and conditions heat-damaged hair.

This one also has protein so I usually alternate it with the "Its a 10" leave in conditioner. Both are great heat resistants!



Step 3:Vitamins!

Country Life 5mg Biotin
A Vitamin Supplement Necessary for Healthy Hair, Scalp and Nails
 
I like this brand the best. It is the highest potency and the pills are tiny(they are usually horse sized pills). I've also found that if you take this along with folic acid, you get even better results!
My hair is growing like a weed and feels silky smooth, despite all of the "damage" i have done to it! Try this combination if your hair struggles with heat damage, chemical damage, or if you simply just want thicker, faster growing hair!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Amanda!! My hair is exactly as you described and I am going to try all of these products! Do these also work well with the static that comes with the upcoming cold months?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brandy, Thanks for reading! These products will definetly help with static. There are also "static free" combs available. It is also important to remember to touch your hair as little as possible during static season!

    ReplyDelete